Sydney Opera House Guided Backstage Tour
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
One of the 20th century's most famous and distinctive buildings
Your personal guide will raise the curtain on what really goes on beyond the spotlight. revealing industry secrets that you will not hear anywhere else.
Our guide to Sydney Opera House Guided Backstage Tour
Have you ever dreamed of taking centre stage in an iconic performance venue that’s famous throughout the world? Treading the very same boards as the likes of Cate Blanchett, Luciano Pavarotti, Ella Fitzgerald and Dame Joan Sutherland? On a Sydney Opera House Backstage Tour, you’ll do all that and more.
This show-stopping two-hour journey beneath those celebrated sails is your VIP invitation to unparalleled behind-the-scenes access. Led by a knowledgeable tour guide who is ready to answer all your questions about the history of this UNESCO World Heritage-listed building, you’ll see exactly what the stars of yesterday and today see as they prepare for their big moment on one of the world’s most significant stages. If you’re lucky, catch a glimpse of the actors, dancers and musicians going through their rehearsals and warm-up routines.
Then, once you’ve uncovered just a few of the mysteries of the backstage world and had your fill of insider secrets, you’ll enjoy a full-cooked breakfast in the Green Room – the exclusive domain of the staff and performers who call this remarkable building home – where you might even rub shoulders with a celebrity or two. For lovers of dance, opera, theatre and performing arts of all kinds, a Backstage Tour at the Sydney Opera House is a once-in-a-lifetime experience you won’t soon forget. The two-hour tour runs daily at 7am only, in order to provide the best behind-the-scenes access for guests.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Sydney Opera House Guided Backstage Tour
- Tour departs at 7.00am sharp, you must be at 6.45am at Stage Door. Late comers will not be permitted on the tour.
- If you bring any large items, i.e luggage or backpacks – please be aware that it is compulsory for you to put these items in the cloakroom.
- Please wear flat rubber soled shoes as there are approximately 300 steps within this tour and bring your camera.
- Unfortunately, disabled access is not available on the Backstage Tour.
- On Sunday, breakfast will be served in the Opera Kitchen as the Green Room is not open.
- Children of 10 years and over are welcome at the same price as adults.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled prior to your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post departure.