The Golden Circle Classic - Gullfoss, Geysir and Thingvellir
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Unmissable, Spring Special now available!
Witness Iceland’s world renowned pristine natural beauty and phenomena on this day trip from the capital which will take you to spouting hot springs, waterfalls and charming towns.
Our guide to The Golden Circle Classic - Gullfoss, Geysir and Thingvellir
The Golden Circle Classic Tour takes you from Reykjavik city up to Þingvellir National Park, arguably the most important site in Iceland in terms of history, culture, and geology.
The birth place of the Old Icelandic Commonwealth and the Alþingi assembly, the plains of Þingvellir is where Iceland’s most powerful leaders met to decide on legislation and carry out brutal viking age justice.
A UNESCO world heritage site, Þingvellir National Park is home to Iceland‘s largest natural lake and the place where the tectonic plates of North America and Eurasia split and drift apart.
From Þingvellir, the tour continues through an area of beautiful scenery towards some of Iceland's greatest natural attractions at Gullfoss waterfall and Geysir hot spring area.
At Gullfoss waterfall you can take a short walk down a pathway and get right up close to this powerful waterfall. Feel the mist of glacial water on your face as it cascades down into the narrow Hvítárgljúfur canyon.
Leaving Gullfoss lunch break is usually taken in Gullfoss Cafe or at the Information centre at Geysir area.
The Geysir geothermal area is an impressive sight featuring diverse geothermal features, bubbling mud pools, hissing steam vents and colourful algae deposits.
Home of the The Geysir which all geysers are named after, the area also boasts one of the world's most reliable fountain geyser, The Strokkur hot spring that every 4 to 8 minutes blasts out a column of scalding water up to 20 metres into the air.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for The Golden Circle Classic - Gullfoss, Geysir and Thingvellir
- In the event of inclement weather, road closures or other causes which may impact your hotel pick-up, you will be advised of the nearest collection point. It is the customer's responsibility to be at this location in order to be collected.
- You will be required to present a printed copy of your voucher at the time of tour departure.
- Pick-up from hotels and guest houses starts 30 minutes before the tour departure time. You will be advised specific times upon reconfirmation locally.
- Returning from your tour, you will be dropped off at the pick-up point you were collected from or at the closest possible point.
- In the event of unsuitable weather, the tour operator reserves the right to amend or cancel the itinerary.
- Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the supplier 24 hours prior to the tour date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 24 hours of tour date.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled prior to your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post departure.