Waitomo Caves and Hobbiton Movie Set from Auckland
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
First explore the Waitomo Glowworm Caves and be entranced by the thousands of twinkling lights in the glowworm grotto. Then visit the Hobbiton Movie Set, the filming location of the village of Bilbo Bagins and his fellow hobbits in ‘The Lord of the Rings’ movie trilogy.
Our guide to Waitomo Caves and Hobbiton Movie Set from Auckland
Depart Auckland and travel through lush Waikato farmland to the small village of Waitomo, where you will partake in a guided tour through the Waitomo Glowworm Caves with its amazing stalactites, stalagmites and other limestone formations.
Finish with a silent boat ride through the Glowworm Grotto - a subterranean cavern lit up by the lights of thousands of tiny glowworms.
Tuck in to a tasty buffet lunch at Waitomo Caves Restaurant, looking out at the serene native bush setting from the open air canopy around you. Then set off on an adventure into Middle-earth!
Just outside the central North Island town of Matamata is a private farm which was transformed into the village of Hobbiton for the award-winning Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit movie trilogies, directed by New Zealander Sir Peter Jackson.
Take a guided tour of the Hobbiton Movie Set and see the original Hobbit Holes, Party Tree, the Green Dragon Inn and more. Find out how Hobbiton was built and hear behind-the-scenes stories from filming.
Your day tour draws to a close as we leave Hobbiton behind and return to the bright lights of Auckland.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Waitomo Caves and Hobbiton Movie Set from Auckland
- Itinerary subject to change without warning.
- If the Waitomo Caves tour cannot operate, a free upgrade to the Ruakuri Cave will be provided subject to availability. If the Ruakuri upgrade is provided, the Waitomo Caves portion is non-refundable.
- If the supplier doesn't pick-up from your hotel they will advise the nearest pick-up point. Guests will have to make their own way to this location.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled prior to your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post departure.