Sail NZ - Americas Cup Sailing Experience
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Experience the exhilaration of sailing onboard one of New Zealand's America's Cup racing machines...
A unique opportunity to participate as a crew member on an actual America's Cup yacht. Take the helm, exert energy on the grinders or sit back, relax and enjoy the sail on this action-packed excursion in the 'City of Sails'.
Our guide to Sail NZ - Americas Cup Sailing Experience
Normally the realm of billionaire owners and elite professionals, take-up the challenge of sailing a genuine America’s Cup vessel around Auckland's picturesque harbour.
Head to Auckland Harbour and board your Explore Group vessel and commence on a 2 Hour America's Cup Experience tour. The friendly, professional crew will take you through a short safety briefing before the yacht glides out to sea, the sails are hoisted and the passengers take over!
Yes, you are encouraged to take an active role - get involved on the grinders, steer from the helm and find out what it takes to get one of these race yachts moving. Feel the thrill of the wind in your face as you tack and jibe.
No previous sailing experience is required and the trip affords wonderful views of beautiful Auckland Harbour.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Sail NZ - Americas Cup Sailing Experience
- Please check in for your trip 15 minutes prior to departure.
- The experience includes a full safety briefing before departure. Lifejackets will be supplied.
- This is an adventure activity and not recommended for pregnant women and people with medical conditions, please discuss any medical issues with us at time of booking.
- Participation is not compulsory if you prefer to sit back and watch the action.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled prior to your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post departure.
Frequently Asked Questions for Sail NZ - Americas Cup Sailing Experience
- What should I wear?
Please wear a light jacket and flat soled shoes. Lifejackets will be supplied. In wet weather rain jackets will also be provided.
- Do I have to get involved in sailing the boat?
Participation is not compulsory if you prefer to sit back and watch the action.