Windmills, Marken and Volendam Full Day Tour
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Visit the famous villages of Zaanse Schans, Volendam and Marken on this fantastic extended version of the Zaanse Schans Windmills, Marken and Volendam tour. Explore the beautiful Dutch countryside, see the distinct windmills of the Netherlands and learn about cheese-making at an authentic Dutch cheese factory.
Our guide to Windmills, Marken and Volendam Full Day Tour
Led by a knowledgeable guide, your adventure begins with a journey through the stunning Dutch countryside leaving the bustling centre of Amsterdam to explore the tiny village of Zaanse Schans, famous for its collection of wooden windmills. Here, you have a chance to explore the inside of an authentic wooden windmill and learn how these dynamic structures assist in the production of grain, dye, and oil.
Afterwards, the tour continues to the renowned fishing village of Volendam, where you can see traditional Dutch wooden houses and locals still wear traditional colourful dress. Enjoy the opportunity to sample authentic Dutch cheese at a functioning cheese-factory and enjoy a bite of some of Holland's finest bread at an old-fashioned Dutch bakery. Your guide will also take you on a walking tour through the historic fishing village with its busy harbour and distinct green houses.
Finally, you will head out onto the IJsselmeer on a special tour boat for a visit to the village of Marken. Here, you will be treated to a special demonstration of the techniques used to craft wooden shoes from a traditional clog-maker.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Windmills, Marken and Volendam Full Day Tour
- Please be at the meeting point 30 minutes before the tour begins.
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- Itinerary subject to change without notice.
- No canal cruise on 27 April.
- Free sightseeing cruise is only valid for departures between the 19th March 2020 and the 18th October 2020.
- Cancellation Policy:Free cancellations for bookings cancelled prior to your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post departure.